Mariagrazia Fugini is Professor of Computer Engineering at Politecnico di Milano.
Her Research Interests are in data and systems security, enterprise information systems, services for digital Public Administrations, risk and cyber security and safety management, service co-production, and assistive technologies in smart environments. She is broadly interested in the intersection of machine learning techniques, security, safety and ethics, with a focus on leveraging big data analysis for decision making.
She is involved in national and international Research Projects on Web-based Information Systems, Risk and Adaptive Security in Smart Environments, Safety and Ethics, Platforms for Social Care, for e-Health, for e-Government, for Cultural Heritage, and for Smart Aging.
She has been a Visiting Professor at University of Maryland, University of California-Berkeley, Technical University of Vienna, University of Stuttgart and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
She has continuous cooperation with UPC Barcelona, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, CTI Renato Archer-Brazil, Research Council of Norway, Anna University Chennai- India, UCTL Spain.
Information Systems – for Computer Engineering
Digital Security Management – for Management Engineering
Activities / News / Events
Associate Editor International Journal of Knowledge Science and Engineering,
Co-Editor Special Issue Information and Software Technology Journal, “Software Architectures for Smart and Adaptive Systems“. Full paper submission: March 1st 2021.
PC ICEIS 2021 http://www.iceis.org/
PC KEOD 2021, 13th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Ontology Management, Malta, October, 2021.
Active and Recent Projects
- H2020-SC1-DTH-2018-1 ”WorkingAge” Project 826232 (Feb. 2019-Feb. 2022).
- Seamless (SEnsoristica Avanzata e Machine LEarning per il monitoraggio Strutturale) Regione Lombardia “Smart Living”, Feb. 2018-December 2020, working on “Data Analytics” and “Gesture Analysis”. Thesis with Companies still available (check the thesis area).
- Sistema Innovativo Big Data Analytics- Progetto Competitività Cremona, Regione Lombardia “Smart Cities” (April 2016- Sept. 2018), working on Business Analytics and on Security. Presentation of BigData Project . paper
Thesis and stages are available in the Projects: Themes for Thesis.
- Track Co-Chair ECSA-CASA Workshop 2020.
- Track Co-Chair W2T 2020, with IEEE WETICE, Bayonne, October, 2020.
- PC ESREL – Conference 2020. Venice www.esrel2020-psam15.org
- PC ICEIS 2020 http://www.iceis.org
- Web2Touch, Track Co-Chair, IEEE WETICE Conf., June 2019, Capri.
- Web2Touch, Track Co-Chair, IEEE WETICE Conf., June 2018, Paris.
- ICEIS 2018, PC Member, March 2018, Funchal, Portugal.
- Guest Co-Editor “Software Architectures for Context-Aware Smart Systems”, Journal of Information and Software Technology, 2019. CASA@ECSA2017-Special-Issue (CfP).
- ICSRS 2017 (2nd International Conference on System Reliability and Safety), PC Member, Milano Dec.20-22.
- Worskhop “Context-aware, Autonomous, and Smart Architectures”, CASA 2017 Co-Organizer – 11th European Conf. on Software Architecture (ECSA 2017, Cambridge, UK).
- IEEE WETICE 2017, Poland Program Chair. http://wetice2017.ue.poznan.pl/
- HDSR 2017 IEEE Int.Workshop on Healthcare Data Security and Reliability (in conjunction with QRS 2017), PC Member, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2017. http://paris.utdallas.edu/HDSR17/
Guest Co-Editor Special Issues
- Future Generation Comp. Systems – Special Issue on “Semantic Web for Cooperation” – Guest Co-Editor, vol. 54, January 2016. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2831942
SISTEMAS DE INFORMACIÓN EN LA ORGANIZACIÓN, Piràmide (in Spanish), Feb.2018 (M.Fugini, R. Salvador Vallés and P.Maggiolini)
available at: https://www.edicionespiramide.es/libro.php?id=5199089
Fondamenti di Sistemi Informativi
C. Cappiello, M.Fugini, P.Grefen, B.Pernici, P.Plebani, M.Vitali
available at: https://www.amazon.it/dp/1725122200/ref=sr_1_20?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1536143801&sr=1-20&keywords=cappiello